Posted on 10th Mar 2012 @ 11:44 AM
If you are very tired of your day's errands, then why not pamper yourself with a good back massage. Let us learn the different back massage techniques.
Favourite Back Massage Techniques
Effleurage (Smooth rhythmic stroking).
- The Whole Hand Technique. Prior to back massaging, warm the baby oil by placing a small amount in your hands, and apply it on the back in smooth rhythmic strokes. It is very essential to use the palms of your two hands. Use gentle pressure in circular motion starting from the neck going to the lower back region. Do this procedure for 5 to 10 minutes.
- The Hand Heels Technique. This is the technique which you will use a deeper pressure against the back. Start at the lower back with both hands and working in circular motion, move outward first and upward. This procedure must be followed for 5 minutes.
More Back Massage Techniques
- Stripping. The Reinforced Thumb Technique. Use a deep continuous pressure up to the length of the muscles at the sides of the spine. In the neck area, lessen the pressure a little bit. Gently and intentionally press the sensitive area and knots from the lower back going to the upper back.
- Friction. The Reinforced Middle Finger Technique. Apply firm deep movements on each sides of the spine. Start the massage at the lower sides of the spine going upward Five frictions are then applied on every spot and a few more in sensitive parts.
- Trigger Point Release. With the use of sustained pressure of reinforced thumb, this massage need to depend on the patient's pain felt by the patient. This massage used your thumb on the sensitive spots according to what the patient told you. Apply pressure on those points; increasing it gradually until the pain reaches 6 or 7 out from the scale of 10. Hold onto the pressure points for a while until the pain decreases to 4 out from the scale of 10. Repeat this step.
- Effleurage. To finish the back massage, apply effleurage with the use of the fingers, the heel of the hand, as well as the full hand. With the use of these back massage techniques, it would increase the good that you have conducted with the trigger point release. After following all the techniques, leave the patient for several minutes to give him or her to relax.
If you want to submit a Back Massage Techniques article then please contact us.